Wednesday, July 02, 2014

My Life is Office Space Post #2

Office Space is my new bible.

Lets list off all the managers and manager types I work with.

  1. My Actual Manager (Mgr) - Doubles as Execution Lead #1. Speaks to me occasionally, thinks I'm doing only things he told me to do.
  2. Project Manager #1 (Mgr) - Has been talking to me a lot recently since paranoia is high and our deliverables are coming due.
  3. Project Manager #2 (Mgr) - Wants me to work on only his project full time. Doesn't seem to understand that this is actually priority #3 for me.
  4. Execution Lead #2 - Only guy who actually talks to me on a consistent basis to get updates. Sits 1 cube away.
  5. Logic Manager (Mgr) - Drops by when issues are already getting fixed. Gets the updates 3rd hand. Seems to think I know whats going on.
  6. Circuit Architect - Assumes I'm much more competent than I probably am. Leaves me alone until he wants to review things. Doesn't understand how much work some of my tasks are.
  7. Logic Architect #1 - Hard as hell to get a hold of. Need his input on just about everything. Only drops by when he thinks there is an issue with my stuff. 
  8. Logic Architect #2 (Mgr) - Likes my work, thinks I know things I probably don't. Comes to my cube directly for updates which I like.

So, every few days, there is some issue which comes up, such as a simulation breaking, and I hear about it from some subset of these (at least 2-3). This, is my TPS report.

Current Mood : Annoyed
Current Music : Need to find a new band.

No comments: