Monday, June 10, 2013

How NOT to put Liana to bed.

Step 1 - Try to get some sleep myself.
Step 2 - Place Liana flat on her back in her bassinet.
Step 3 - Don't make any noise.
Step 4 - Don't swaddle the baby.
Step 5 - Step out of the room
Step 6 - Shut the door behind you.
Repeat.

If you haven't guessed. My little girl has been causing me to get no sleep. Jessica deals with her all day, so when I'm home, I try and give her a break by letting her sleep, and only waking her up when it is time to "Feed the Beast" as we've now started calling it.

My secret to putting Liana to sleep? Pretty much resigning to doing everything exactly the opposite as above.  She seems to sleep just fine when swaddled directly on my legs with some constant noise, and of course, when I would like to sleep myself.

Current Mood : Too many things
Current Music : Green Day's Dookie album

No comments: