Monday, May 06, 2013

Pets and Children

Let me start by saying that I realize that every situation is different. Times and circumstances may change and force a persons hand. 

Now that I have said that, it is time to rant on people who have pets, but purposefully move into places where pets aren't allowed. I often see some people trying to get someone to take care of their cat or dog because the new apartment they are moving into does not allow pets. 

This irritates me. 

I am of the opinion that if you have acquired a pet, such as a dog or a cat, you have made a commitment to that animal that you will be taking care of it for as long as humanly possible. Not just when it is convenient for you. I have 2 cats, and want a dog to round things out. I made these choices knowing full well that not everywhere will allow cats and dogs. It is the same kind of commitment I made when deciding to have a kid. Your life isn't the same with a baby, just like it isn't the same when you have pets. I wouldn't even consider a living situation which wouldn't allow me to take my precious furry friends with me.

In summary, if you aren't going to be able to take care of a pet, or aren't responsible enough, don't get a dog/cat. 

Current Mood : Rain!
Current Music : Mad Men Intro

No comments: